Family Support Services (FSSP)
Submit applications before or by June 15
Time Left to Apply:
Steps to Apply Now
For families living in Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin and Summit Counties.
The Family Support Services Program is intended to provide a variety of services and supports which are related to the person’s disability and are above and beyond typical child rearing or daily living expenses.
Families are eligible for funds if they have a family member with a developmental delay or disability living in the family home.
To be considered for funds you must fill out a Most-In-Need (MIN) Assessment Questionnaire.
The amount of funds approved depends on your MIN score, the services you need, and available funds.
Your Resource Coordinator (RC), or Service Coordinator, can answer questions and help you fill out the forms.
Services that can be paid for with FSSP funds include, but are not limited to:
- Respite care - temporary care of the person with the developmental disability
- Professional services - counseling, occupational/speech/physical therapies
- Medical, Dental, Vision expenses - not otherwise covered by other sources such as Medicaid or private insurance
- Transportation - mileage and other costs related to accessing disability services
- Assistive technology - mobility aids, adaptive equipment, communication devices
- Environmental Engineering- Home/vehicle modification - ramps, lifts, widened door frames to improve accessibility, independence, health and safety
- Other – Consultant or advocate, specialized diets prescribed by physician, recreational needs of the individual with a disability
- Parent & Sibling Support - special resource materials or publications, cost of care for siblings while addressing the disability needs of the eligible family member, or behavioral services/ training, or counseling.
Funds must be used within the fiscal year in which funds are available. The fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th each year.
FSSP Funding and Assessment Forms