Board Information and How to Apply for Candidacy
Our mission is to create opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to participate fully in the community.
Quality, Dignity and Choice
- DDRC provides easy access to person-centered, quality services and supports.
- DDRC is a leader in providing a quality work environment.
- DDRC partners with our community to increase participation and expand opportunities for people with disabilities.
- DDRC inspires the citizens of Colorado to welcome people with disabilities in all areas of life.
DDRC provides resources to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families for their entire life span in Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin and Summit Counties. Services and resources are designed to provide positive choices, individualized to enhance quality of life and help people help themselves.
DDRC offers a comprehensive variety of services, including:
- Resource/Service Coordination
- Early Intervention
- Family Support Services
- A Better Choice
- Adult Vocational Services
- Quality Living Options
- Behavioral Health Team
- Therapeutic Recreation Connections
DDRC Board Responsibilities
- DDRC’s mission and purpose
- Select the Executive Director
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for the Executive Director; review his/her performance
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure adequate resources
- Protect assets and provide proper financial oversight
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services
- Enhance the organization’s public image
The Board consists of 17 members. Four are appointed by specific county agencies. A minimum of 50% of Board members need to be family members, guardians or individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability living in DDRC’s service area. To see the specific composition as outlined in the bylaws, click here.
The Selection Process
Board members are selected by the Governance Committee to either stand for Board appointment or election by the members of the corporation depending on what type of position is open. Committee members will review applications as they are received. After submitting an application, candidates will be interviewed by members of the committee to discuss interest level, skill sets, time commitment and other topics.
To Submit and Application
If interested in being considered as a candidate for the DDRC Board click here to fill out the online application. Hard copies of the application are available on request. Contact Annette Rogers, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Annette at 303-462-6508 with questions or for further information.
Staff Members of DDRC (the CCB) and employees and Board members of service agencies may not serve on the DDRC Board of Directors per Colorado statute 25.5-10-209(2)(b)(II).