Apply for Board Candidacy
Board Information and How to Apply for Candidacy
Our mission is to create opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to participate fully in the community.
Quality, Dignity and Choice
- DDRC provides easy access to person-centered, quality services and supports.
- DDRC is a leader in providing a quality work environment.
- DDRC partners with our community to increase participation and expand opportunities for people with disabilities.
- DDRC inspires the citizens of Colorado to welcome people with disabilities in all areas of life.
DDRC provides resources to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families for their entire life span in Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin and Summit Counties. Services and resources are designed to provide positive choices, individualized to enhance quality of life and help people help themselves.
DDRC offers a comprehensive variety of services, including:
- Case Management
- Early intervention for children 0-3 years of age
- Family support
- Children’s waiver services
- Supported living services
- Adult vocational services
- Residential alternatives such as group homes and individual host homes
- Recreation opportunities
- Behavioral health services
- Quality assurance oversight
DDRC Board Responsibilities
- Determine DDRC’s mission and purpose
- Select the Executive Director
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for the Executive Director; review his/her performance
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure adequate resources
- Protect assets and provide proper financial oversight
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services
- Enhance the organization’s public image
The Board consists of 17 members. Four are appointed by specific county agencies. A minimum of 50% of Board members need to be family members, guardians or individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability living in DDRC’s service area. Seven are appointed by the Board.
Six are elected positions that represent the following areas:
- Family Support Services
- Infant and Adolescent Services
- Quality Living Options (residential)
- Adult Day Services
- Supported Living Services
- Category at the discretion of the Board of Directors
To Submit an Application for Further Information
If interested in being considered as a candidate for the DDRC Board download the application here and fill it out on your computer. Send the completed application to Annette Rogers, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com. Call Annette at 303-462-6508, with questions or for further information.