Therapeutic Learning Connections
Recreation and leisure are essential to everyone's life and provide endless benefits. TLC offers a wide range of safe Therapeutic Recreation opportunities and get-togethers for people with developmental disabilities. We welcome individuals of all ages and offer supervised therapeutic activities during the days, evenings, and weekends. Goals are set to meet each individual needs such as: decrease stress and inappropriate behaviors while increasing physical fitness, mobility, self-esteem, and socialization. TLC gives individuals the opportunity to select activities of their choice, learn new skills, improve current skills, and develop friendships.
Monthly Therapeutic Activities
There are approximately 20-25 activities offered monthly. These activities fall into the following five categories.
- Socialization: Individuals have the opportunity to meet new people and spend time with friends over dining outs, themed parties, BBQs, and numerous holiday celebrations.
- Life Skills: These program teach skills that are helpful for having a healthy and independent life, including topics like cooking, gardening, technology, and organizational / planning skills.
- Art, Culture & Games: These programs provide opportunities to increase creativity, critical thinking, exposure to the arts, and teamwork. Topics include crafts, movie outings, dances, karaoke, book club, and Bingo.
- Sports, Fitness, & Outdoor Recreation: In this category, individuals engage in programs to keep them active and healthy. These include several Special Olympics sports, skiing, pickleball, hikes, cycling, and swimming.
- Age Specific Programs: We offer programs for both young adults and seniors. These programs cater to age-specific preferences and give the opportunity to socialize and maintain friendships within a common age.
Seasonal Therapeutic Activities
Everyone has that special activity they look forward to each year. We provide many of those seasonal opportunities. Our activities include stock shows, hay rides, pumpkin farms, holiday events, amusement parks, the circus, Disney on Ice, concerts in the park and much more!
DDRC Online Recreation – Body, Mind & Soul
Online Recreation To:
- Make Friends
- Learn About Safety
- Stay Fit
- Make Good Choices
- Have Fun
- Morning Workouts
- Art & Crafts
- Game Times
- Lunch Socializing
Volunteer and Internship Program
TLC Recreation provides a year-round volunteer program in the Denver metropolitan area. We welcome volunteers that enjoy being active and assisting individuals with developmental disabilities to be successful in all their endeavors. We also provide several internship opportunities for students pursuing a profession in Human Service and Therapeutic Recreation fields.