- A Spirt to Admire - A Special Staff Person
- Disability Employment Awareness Month and Preston Story
- Masonic Brothers Make an Impact for the Better
- Shoutout to Our Golf Sponsors
- Masks and COVID Tests Required in Group Homes as of August 2021
- A Great Job Fits Brings Out the Best, As it Did For Steve
- DDRC Self Determination Initiative
- Marti Gets Meaning from DDRC Therapeutic Learning Connections
- COVID Guidelines in Group Residential Homes - Update
- Giving to DDRC - ReFUND
- Seeing the Remarkable Roles of DSPs
- New COVID-19 Resource Page
Seeing the Remarkable Roles of DSPs April 6, 2021
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) act as advocates, coaches, friends and more
in their support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Liz works in our A Better Choice supporting individuals receiving Supported Living Services and previously worked with our Quality Living Options, DDRC’s residential services. Her special care is shown in her support of a woman with a terminal illness, helping the woman transition from her condominium, to hospice, to a nursing home, and even changing nursing homes during the pandemic! Liz advocated for the woman’s comfort, provided her reassurance, helped see that the moves went smoothly, kept cherished items at hand, and helped other people see the woman’s wonderful individuality.
We are grateful for and proud of these two DSPs and we thank all our DDRC DSPs for their awesome work.